The HPSJAVA currently has 80+ open items, which is quite a lot.

So, in the interests of cleaning this up a bit, I propose we close as "Reported" any issues that are planned to be worked on after the engineering run (e.g. won't be worked on within approximately 3-4 months).

Similarily, we might think of doing the same for any issues that are "nice to have" rather than "must have" for engineering run operations.  In particular, anything marked as "Minor" priority or less should receive some scrutiny as to whether it is actually important or not.

These issues would not be deleted and would still be available to find via the Issue search form, where you can check the box "Resolution" and then select "Reported" to see them.

The idea would be that if anyone then does start work on that item, the issue would be re-opened rather than a new item created.

Some possible candidates to be closed as Reported might include the following:

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-258

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-247

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-246

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-244

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-243

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-242

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-229

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-227

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-220

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-213

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-212

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-210

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-209

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-207

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-203

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-112

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-110

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-64

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-62

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-59

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-53

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-52

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-1

This is somewhat of a grabbag and inclusion doesn't imply that I think any of these are not important in some way.  I just think starting a discussion on what is the actual importance and status of these items and ones like them will be useful.

I am not going to close any of these unless there is specific agreement on a particular item and whether it should be (possibly temporarily) archived.

BTW, this is a fairly common way to use a bug tracker.  Closing something as "Reported" in JIRA does not indicate that it has been resolved.  And typically one would re-open the item if work was started on it.

Thanks.

--Jeremy