On Fri, 3 Oct 2014, Matevz Tadel wrote:

>> Could you clean up the log and follow through with all of the redirections?
>
> You want me to run with debug 3 and only grep out redirection and stat/open
> messages?
Yes, that would give us the request and the response only.

>> I still think the client version you are using may be dropping the tried
>> history.
> OK, I will take the head of master next time, I had 4.0.x-stable now (but
> maybe forgot to pull in latest changes).
You could try that but according t Lukasz, that should not happen in the
new client.

> What I've noticed:
> 1. If I go to UNL redirector it will send me back to UCSD (v4.0.2).
> 2. If I go to FNAL one, it sends me off to EU, as it should (v3.3.3).
> 3. If I use the DNS alias for both of those, one of the two happens,
> obviously.
Odd, there shouldn't be a diference between versions here. Then again,
from the above you aren't doing exactly the same thing. If you go to UNL
what the difference between V4 and V3, if any? Same question for FNAL.

> Is it possible UNL has the file in cache and tried= gets ignored in this
> case?
Nope, the tried gets processed before the cache is inspected. So, even if
the location has been cached, it is ignored. Now the big difference
between V3 and V4 is that if your cluster has two replicated redierctors
subscribing to a manager, V3 would treat both as separate entities. In V4,
it picks one of he two and only uses that one while the other is held as
a hot backup. So, if the one fails it will automatically switch to the
other one.

Andy