Hi Fabrizio,

On 10/17/2014 07:00 AM, Fabrizio Furano wrote:
> Hi Patrick,
>
>  >
>> Is it true that the sec gsi module would not have any affect on the
>> authentication of the http calls?
>
>   I don't understand this question. Could you please be more specific ?

Tied to the problem below.  Without libXrdHttpVOMS proxy certs aren't understood
by the https code.  The intention of the question was to verify that configuring
the gsi security module in xrootd would have no effect on the https authentication.

>> After configuring a basic test system, my first attempt at access using
>> a command line client failed and the xrootd log showed:
>> -Error with certificate at depth: 0
>>    issuer   = /DC=com/DC=DigiCert-Grid/O=Open Science
>> Grid/OU=People/CN=Patrick McGuigan 55
>>    subject  = /DC=com/DC=DigiCert-Grid/O=Open Science
>> Grid/OU=People/CN=Patrick McGuigan 55/CN=proxy
>>    err 20:unable to get local issuer certificate
>>

>> I am guessing that the HTTP interface does not understand grid proxy
>> certificates yet.  Will this be added?
>
>   It already supports grid proxy certs, you have to use the VOMS extractor lib.
>   It could also be that your capath was not configured properly,
> or that that directory misses the needed CA certificate.

The same cert works through a browser and the certs/ca/crl infrastructure works
fine for other grid services.  I would be interested in testing with the VOMS
library, can you give me a pointer to where I can get a precompiled version?
I am running with xrootd4-4.0.3-1.slc6.x86_64.

Is there any documentation on any options/parameters to the module?

Do you know if there is any functionality to limit particular HTTP methods (DEL,
MKCOL, COPY, MOVE) to particular VOMS attributes?