I am evaluating xrootd's suitability in providing a WebDAV interface that some
USATLAS sites would use to support deletions (for now), and potentially for more
general HTTP access.  I am using Xrootd4 (xrootd4-4.0.3-1.slc6.x86_64).

A couple of questions:

Is it true that the sec gsi module would not have any affect on the
authentication of the http calls?

After configuring a basic test system, my first attempt at access using a
command line client failed and the xrootd log showed:
-Error with certificate at depth: 0
   issuer   = /DC=com/DC=DigiCert-Grid/O=Open Science Grid/OU=People/CN=Patrick
McGuigan 55
   subject  = /DC=com/DC=DigiCert-Grid/O=Open Science Grid/OU=People/CN=Patrick
McGuigan 55/CN=proxy
   err 20:unable to get local issuer certificate

I am guessing that the HTTP interface does not understand grid proxy
certificates yet.  Will this be added?  I see that the documentation for v4.1 is
showing support for grid mapfiles.  Does this imply proxies will be supported in
that version?

Will the libXrdHttpVOMS.so security extractor remain an independent software
relrease, or will this be merged into the Xrootd release?

Regards,

Patrick