To answer your questions specifically….

RE: custom B-field

The “official” B-field currently comes from the detector and cannot be retrieved via run number.  This is probably a design flaw of lcsim that we will need to work around or fix.  I think we probably do need to add a way to get the B-field from the database so that we can at least store this information by run number, even if it is not fully integrated into the recon until later.  This will make sure that at least the information is there.  I would need to know exactly what information you want to store here, e.g. is it a single number?  Or would it be planned that we would have B-field measurements at more than one point?  etc.

Right, we need two things…first, the nominal B-field for each run (or magnet current, we can convert this to b-field in the code); second, the field map as a function of (x,y,z).  The field map doesn’t change run-to-run (with the caveat that we may have a few maps for different magnet currents).  The class I had in there was meant to read in & be a wrapper for the B-field vs (x,y,z).

RE: beam conditions

I did not have a great deal of information about what beam conditions were going to be stored for the run, so currently there is only a set of beam current measurements from the test run, which is basically only used for testing purposes.  If you can identify for me the beam conditions that should be stored in the database, I would like to rework this part of the API.  I think it would make sense if there were a single database table containing all this information (beamspot position, beamspot covariance, beam current, etc).  Once we decide upon the beam information that we will need later in recon, then this should be added to the API so it is easily retrievable by run number.

beamspot position, beamspot covariance (or sigmas), beam current for sure.  Possibly more...

—Jeremy