Hi Andrei,

Please have a look at u/danielw/DM-1395-broken.

The last commit performs the lib dependency in the most obvious way I
could think of. It results in "<relpath>/lib<libname>.so" in the linker
command-line.

The previous commit tries to decouple the dependency so that the
"-l<libname>" format is used instead. It isn't done.

Background: by moving css code to one place, we now have python code in
two places that depend on it. But these two python packages can be
loaded at the same time, so directly putting the css symbols in both
packages' swig libs doesn't work. Hence we create a .so that both swig
libs can link to. The problem comes because (I think) we don't have
different stages for building and installing parts of qserv that depend
on each other. Right now, we build everything, and then install
everything (so we can't (?) put the dependent .so in its final installed
place and have the other swig libs point at it during their link stage).

Thanks for your help,
-Daniel