From: Tatiana Goldina <[log in to unmask]>
Subject: connecting to qserv database
Date: November 11, 2014 at 9:07:02 AM PST
To: Serge Monkewitz <[log in to unmask]>

Hi Serge,

John Rector has set a QSERV  for us here at IPAC, and we are trying to figure out how to access it.

It seems that I can not access it with a MySql GUI client or JDBC (jdbc:mysql://lsst-db1.ipac.caltech.edu:4040/LSST)

I am able to access it with command line mysql client. I can get the tables with "show tables;" but

mysql> show columns from DeepSource from LSST;
ERROR 4110 (Proxy): Qserv error: 'ParseException:ANTLR parse error:unexpected token: show:'

(The same error that we get when trying to connect with JDBC.)

On the other hand "describe DeepSource;" works.

How do I find out which commands are supported?

Tatiana