Yes we can, but it still requires changing the plumbing, touching parser etc.  Comparing to ignoring a class of queries at proxy level it is less trivial :)

Jacek

On Nov 17, 2014 4:08 PM, Kian-Tat Lim <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Jacek,

> Yes, we will hack it in the short term one way or the other,
> we will discuss tomorrow or Wed. Dumming out "show variable"
> is not as trivial as turning "set xx" into a no-op though!

        You can't just pass it through to the result DB?  I thought
that's supposed to be the easiest thing for the proxy to do...

--
Kian-Tat Lim, LSST Data Management, [log in to unmask]