Hi Elvin,

I do understand your problem. What is it in EnvInfo() that you need that prevents you from initializing? Couldn't that part be deferred until EnvInfo() is actually called? As for the proposals, we could add the envinfo to the call XrdSfsGetFileSystem() but that would only work in R4.1 and if your plugin gets loaded by any earlier version you are guaranteed to crash. Not such a nice prospect.

The other proposed alternative (i.e. setting envinfo then calling Configure) is not workable because there is no such method in the Sfs Interface. It only exists in the built-in version.

The only safe way of doing this is to define XrdSfsGetFileSystem2() which has the new signature and if we find it we use it with the extra parameter. Otherwise, we use the old function call. I still have to look to see if that is even doable via the plugin manager.