Hi Andy,

This will not work for us as it would mean rewriting most of the ofs plugin and more over we only use a limited set of functionality from the default ofs - such as this part of calling the Configure method to parse the default configuration options.

But generally speaking, wouldn't it be desirable for someone who implements their own OFS standalone plugin to have access during the configuration step to the following components set in XrdXrootdConfig:

 myEnv.PutPtr("XrdInet*", (void *)(pi->NetTCP));
 myEnv.PutPtr("XrdNetIF*", (void *)(&(pi->NetTCP->netIF)));
 myEnv.PutPtr("XrdSecGetProtocol*", (void *)secGetProt);
 myEnv.PutPtr("XrdScheduler*", Sched);

Because the way the XrdSfsGetFileSystem entry point is currently defined this is not possible ... unless I'm missing something.

Another option would be to drop the check done in XrdOfsConfig.cc:139 since myIF seems not be used during the configure step of the default OFS and then set it when the EnvInfo() method of the OFS is called. But this might have some other side effects as the EnvInfo is 0 while initialising XrdConfigPI & others. I will have a closer look on Monday and try it out and let you know the outcome ...

Cheers,
Elvin

---
https://github.com/xrootd/xrootd/issues/161#issuecomment-63183230