Hi Andy,

The above pull request completely solves my problem and I belive it also makes sense logiacally. First of all, given that you now expose the EnvInfo() function in the XrdSfs layer (XrdSfsInterface.hh:308) a user can decide to provide the env info for the OFS plugin using this method (after calling for example the configure method) therefore failing in the XrdOfsConfigure doing the check
       if (!EnvInfo || !(myIF = (XrdNetIF *)EnvInfo->GetPtr("XrdNetIF*")))
is a bit of a too strong constrain that could be relaxed (as in this pull request) and could even be implemented in the EnvInfo() function since the myIF object is not used anywhere but in the XrdOfs::fsctl (in the OFS layer). This could also be an opportunity to make the code in XrdXrootdConfig a bit more symmetric when it comes to loading the default OFS or any other plugin OFS implementation.

Thanks,
Elvin

---
https://github.com/xrootd/xrootd/pull/161#issuecomment-63316461