On 12/19/2014 11:15:29 AM, Omar Moreno <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

On Wed, Dec 17, 2014 at 7:08 PM, Rafayel Paremuzyan <rafopar@jlab.org> wrote:
Hi,

I tried to convert some recon files from data into dst root files.
Since it only contains ecal information, in the
HpsEventBuilder.cxx I only let ecal_writer-writeData(event, hps_event),
and commented other writers (svt, particle etc)

It's a terrible idea to start hacking up the DST maker.  There are some collections which are dependent on others and if you just comment out the writers, it will likely break things.  Furthermore, whatever DST files you generate will not be backwards compatible because the class versions will have likely changed.  If you want DST files and you see the DST maker isn't working correctly, please send an email to the software list first.

That said, I was assuming that we were already making DST's as part of the recon chain.  Matt is this being done?
Mathew Graham:
No...there's no chain yet as we still haven't started "production".

I'm going to begin cleaning up the DST writer so it makes it easier to run over recon files containing ECal data only.  Once it's done, I'll generate some DST's and put them in the volatile area under the appropriate folder.  It's probably going to take me a while due to the holiday, but I'll try to get it done ASAP.

With this I was able to convert 2 files from run 3258,
and on the 3th file about in the middle I got an exception

 A runtime error has occured : lcio::DataNotAvailableException: LCEventImpl::getCollection: collection not in event:EcalClusters
 the program will have to be terminated - sorry.

However when I tried to convert files from more recent run 3340,
I got the same exception at the beginning.

Looking into the slcio file through JAS, it shows that some portion of events have no any collection in it
except "TriggerBank".

The question is, is it possible to skip these events in the dst maker.
From first sight I didn't find a way, but if there is a possibility please point me there,
I will try to do it.

​There is a way to skip events, but we shouldn't.  The DST writers were specifically designed to throw exceptions if expected collections aren't found.  The error you are seeing is indicating that either the collection name has changed or, as you mention above, the collection is missing in the recon file, so as far as I'm concerned, the DST maker did it's job.  This is a problem with the reconstruction that should be fixed in hps-java and not at the DST level.

Can someone more familiar with the ECal recon take a look at why empty collections aren't being added for some events?​

Rafo