I found this bug too in testing the clustering algo, and Holly is aware of it and looking into the problem.

It has to do with adding hits to the cluster’s list without also updating its parallel list of hit contributions, which must have the same size.

I made this JIRA item for the issue:

https://jira.slac.stanford.edu/browse/HPSJAVA-368

Holly please close this out when you have this fixed.