Hello hps-software,

I want to perform a study on how variations in beam energy calibrations affect trigger performance. I was going to do this by applying (for two different studies) a systematic shift to all hit energies and a Gaussian shift that is constant throughout the run, but random for each crystal.

What is the best way to do this within the software? Is there a way to set the energy in the hits as they are processed? Should I create new hits and apply change the energy? Is there already a way to do this?

Thanks,

Kyle