Hi Andy,

I saw from the code that the loader also enables loading of pre-partitioned data, something that the duplicator produces. Another possibility could be to use the duplicator upstream and use the loader as-is on this now-partitioned data. This could be a quicker solution for adding the new test case, but if the ideal way is to just have the loader do the duplication then I won't mind looking into it. Would that technically block this issue (1570) then? What do you guys think?

-Vaikunth

On Fri, Dec 19, 2014 at 12:38 AM, Salnikov, Andrei A. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi Vaikunth,

duplication should be a part of data loading and needs to be added to data-loader

script eventually. Do you want to work on that?

Cheers,
Andy

From: [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Vaikunth Thukral
Sent: Thursday, December 18, 2014 9:14 PM
To: qserv-l
Subject: [QSERV-L] Adding Duplicator to Integration Tests

Hi all,

Serge, Fabrice and I have been talking about how to go forward with adding the test case of using the duplicator (DM-1570). I know Fabrice is working on using AndyS's new loader to load data for integration tests using partitioning.

Would it be acceptable to modify the loader script to use/add a duplication option instead of just partitioning?

-Vaikunth