Hi all,
and than you for your help and patience. I'm (almost) in business again!
So, the problem is in my .slcio file, with Pelle's one everything works.
I tried to run readout on my file including in Pelle's lcsim this stanza:

<driver name="ConditionsDriver" type= "org.hps.conditions.ConditionsDriver">
 	<runNumber>2014</runNumber>
 	<detectorName>HPSTestRunTracker2014-v0</detectorName>
 	<freeze>true</freeze>
</driver>

is it ok? I'm not sure why I should give a Test Run number if I'm running
a 2014 detector, so I chose 2014 (> 1365). Like this, it works.
It works even if I give a smaller number (say 1350), but the output is
slightly different. Which would you reccommend? Is there a "standard" run
number for 2014 mc runs?
Anyhow, the issue was really the missing run number.

Just to make sure I run everything correctly, here's the slic command I
use to produce the slcio file (on rhel6-64 machines at slac, so I think the
slic version is a bit dated, but it should not matter so much, right?):

slic -P ${PARTICLE_TBL} -i /nfs/slac/g/hps2/hps_data/stdhep/e2.2gev/aprime/ap2.2gev075mev.stdhep
-p /nfs/slac/g/hps3/users/afilippi/hps/SCRATCH/OUT2014_v0 -o ap2.2gev075mev_all
-g /nfs/slac/g/hps3/users/afilippi/hps/hps-trunk/detector-data/detectors/HPSTestRunTracker2014-v0/HPSTestRunTracker2014-v0.lcdd
-x -d0 -r 5000000

is ot ok?
Last: can you please tell me how to include the run number with slic?
I wasn't able to find any slic command line option to set it. As I
have to rerun slic every time I change geometry (many tens of times),
I guess it would make sense to set it properly at this point, at the
beginning I mean.
Thank you all,
     Alessandra