> Omar, Sho or Jeremy: what does the default (run number 0 or not specifying run at all) give us in terms of conditions (noise, pedestals, dead/channels, and what not)?

For the ECAL, the "run 0" conditions are no noise, with fixed pedestals and gains, and no dead channels.  I don't know what is in there for the SVT, but I assume it is something similar.  The run 0 conditions are supposed to be for MC data only, so in some sense it shouldn't matter, as we *should* be doing something like Sim Hits -> Digitized Hits -> Recon Hits, which in theory should reverse any calculations that apply conditions anyways in the processing of the digits back into analog information like energy (for example, applying a pedestal and then subtracting it back out again etc.).

But you should verify this by looking at what is in there for run 0 for the SVT.  Omar put those in there so he would know best.  (I can look at the database records when I get a chance.)

> So Alessandra, try running slic with the "HPSTracker2014-v0.lcdd” detector instead and then see what happens. I don’t think we specify a run number in slic as there are no “real" conditions
> loaded (but I might be wrong here). And depending on the answer to the above I think we just want the default conditions loaded.

Right, you should just use the default in slic, which will give you run numbers of zero and the "dummy" conditions data.  If you want to apply conditions from different runs later it is certainly possible to do it via your steering file.

--Jeremy