Hi, Matt.

I think the run numbers in the recon data are wrong after the first file.  This is because a pre start event was used to set the run number in EvioToLcio, but this is not present in subsequent files.  So the run number gets a default value of zero for most of the files.  (I think this was the problem Luca was having where the conditions system suddenly started seeing run number 0 in his job.)

When running recon for a pass, you can set this yourself using an override.

There is the “-R” switch to EvioToLcio….

EvioToLcio -R 1234 […]

Or you could use ConditionsDriver with a variable in the steering file.

<driver name=“ConditionsDriver” type=“…”>
    <runNumber>${runNumber}</runNumber>
    <detectorName>SomeFancyDetector</detectorName>
    <freeze>true</freeze>
</driver>

And then

EvioToLcio -DrunNumber=1234 […]

Either way you’re going to need to extract the run number from the EVIO file name (should be easy I think using a grep or shell command?) and then set it manually using one of the above methods in the next recon passes.

I have also added extraction of run numbers from the head bank that appears every ~40 events in the data.  But not all of the runs have these.  It will be less of a problem in the future as this should happen more automatically.  For now, we should assume not all of the runs have the head banks.

—Jeremy