Hi Holly,

Back when the code was written (in the time of the dinosaurs) the geometry of the ECal was just a straw-person for the Test Run ECal , which was still far in the future.  So, we never thought of the code as serving for a real detector which we assumed might end up looking very different. As a result, the parameters defining the geometry are as minimal as possible and we didn't build in all of the flexibility that one would want for a real detector.  So... at the moment I think one can only define a separation between the top and the bottom.  However, it wouldn't be hard to change to having a separate value for the vertical position of the top and the bottom halves.  Jeremy and I can probably look at this in the next few days when we sit down to work on some analysis of the cosmic data we have been playing with.

Cheers,
Tim