Any opinions about RAID vs JBOD?

Options I can think of:

1) LVM. 8 disks, RAIDed, for data. 1 disk for mysql_temp,
    1 disk for system and Qserv software etc

2) JBOD. Problem: we need to deal with distributing data
    across disks. AndyS: how difficult would it be to extend
    the loader so that it shards chunks (say round robin)
    across multiple disks on a machine (and do symlink for
    each table in mysql_data directory)? Unless Andy can
    easily do it in loader, I think I'd rather not go there
    now, because it will add another level of complexity and
    delay testing.

3) JBOD. We use mysql partitioning to distribute data
    across 8 disks. Probably easier than "2", but still,
    it is an extra level of complexity, will delays tests.

I am tempted to just go with "1" unless Andy can magically
enhance the loader easily.

Opinions?

Jacek

I am leaning towards JBOD, 8 disks for data