Hi Matthieu and Yvan,

Thanks for these informations.

So in my understanding:
- Qserv dev team members can connect from SLAC to ccage.in2p3 using their in2p3 account.
  (please note that, if you find it more convenient, direct ssh access from SLAC to qserv build nodes can be replaced with ssh forwarding through ccage)
- qserv account (with ssh key) will be used to log on all Qserv nodes on the private subnetwork. Qserv will be installed automatically on these nodes using puppet.
- all Qserv cluster users first must authenticate with their in2p3 account before being logged on the Qserv private subnetwork.
  qserv account (with ssh key) can't be used to log on from outside in2p3:

The above is ok for us.

I have a few questions:
- assuming Qserv team authenticate to the Qserv build nodes with in2p3 accounts, will it be possible to use "sudo -u qserv" on these nodes?
- can we also run Qserv daemon on the build nodes? May we use them as master nodes? It would be a pity to use such powerful machine only for build process, which is resource consuming but short.
- if yes, would it be possible to let all ports open between build nodes and the Qserv private subnetwork?

If you answer positively to these questions, why not putting Qserv build nodes also in the Qserv private subnetwork? It may be simpler?

About /sps access:
For now the data-loading procedure should rely on ssh, so if the build nodes have access to /sps and to Qserv private subnetwork, we should be able to make it work.
Would it also be possible to be able to use one of the Qserv build node as an NFS server, accessible from all Qserv nodes?

If needed, can we have a short meeting this week in order to clarify the Qserv cluster set up? I can be available easily Tuesday and Friday at 16pm (France time).

Cheers,

Fabrice