FYI. Lukasz
From: David Smith
Sent: 26 January 2015 17:57
To: Mattias Ellert
Cc: Lukasz Janyst
Subject: Re: xrootd 4 & xrootd 3 compat packages and dpm

On 06 Jan 2015, at 09:55, David Smith <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
[…]
> The DPM team is still trying to prepare so that sites will be able to upgrade or install after the move - but it would be better for us to have some more time to do this. Is it possible for you to further delay moving the xrootd 4 and xrootd 3 compat packages to stable until the end of January (we can let you know if we are ready before that time)?

Hello Mattias,

Unfortunately we’re still in the process of going over the instructions for upgrade to xrootd 4 with our preproduction sites. Furthermore our dpm-xrootd component will not finish its two week period of testing in epel-testing until 5 February.

Would it be possible for you to, once again, further delay the move of xrootd 4 & xrootd 3 compat packages from epel-testing to stable until we’ve finished? We expect this to be by the middle of February but I think it would be best if we could wait until we can confirm all the test sites are successful.

Yours,
David