Accessing from jlab guest (and via login wifi) works now.

Thanks for fixing.

/Pelle

On Feb 24, 2015, at 2:08 PM, McCormick, Jeremy I. <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

Hi, Omar.

The problem seems​ to be that the database can't be accessed from the JLab guest network.  I was able to login into one of the jlabl* computers and access the database from there.

I will contact the JLAB admin about the problem accessing the DB from the guest network.  I was using the replica all day yesterday from SLAC without issues, so I think this is probably something to do with the guest network configuration like its outbound firewall.

Jeremy, we should have fallback database that the conditions will connect to in case the JLab database is down or inaccessible.  Can you implement this?

I'm not planning on doing this right now.  We will try to use only the JLAB database and its replica.  Installing the database locally for development is not difficult should you need something that will work even without an internet connection.

Also, I  know you mentioned that you were going to clone the JLab database to over to SLAC.  Is that still the plan?  Has this been done?

No, I'm not planning on doing any more manual cloning of databases to SLAC anymore.  I'm hoping the external replica of the JLAB database will be good enough once we sort out the problems you're having.

--Jeremy