Sorry for this going into the weekend. I didn't really get a chance before now...

I apparently fixed the problem I was having with finding tracks, but wanted to make sure it was valid and not just ad hoc voodoo that doesn't make sense from a simulation standpoint.

Long story short:

I traced the problem to SiTrackerHits not being assigned in 'DataTrackerHitDriver', and replacing it with 'TrackerDigiDriver' fixed it.

TrackerDigiDriver is apparently supposed to be used with TrackerReconDriver anyway, according to a comment, so what is the reason for DataTrackerHitDriver being used in its place for 2014Recon?
(This would be a great learning experience for me)

Brad