Several people requested a separate development database for conditions work and calibration testing, so I have manually replicated the hps_conditions prod database to hps_conditions_dev, which should be externally available on the replicated server for read access via the usual hpsuser account.

If you need to update the dev database, we will create individual accounts with full privileges assigned to them on this database, but these accounts will be constrained to hosts like '%.jlab.org', which means writing to the database will only work from within JLAB.

In order to use these credentials, you will need to execute java commands with the following option...

java -Dorg.hps.conditions.connection.file=dev.prop [args]

where dev.prop is a file containing the connection settings like

hostname = hpsdb.jlab.org
user = me
password = XXXXXXXX
database = hps_conditions_dev

For the user and password, you need to substitute the actual user and password which will be created and sent upon request.  I have already created these accounts for several users who need them.

Write access is disallowed on ALL databases in the replicated server, which is by design.  So you need to perform operations like update, delete, etc. from a JLAB host in order to modify either the dev or prod db.

Read only commands like select via the hpsuser account should work on any of the databases on the server from any host.

I hope that's clear.  Let me know of any questions regarding this configuration.

--Jeremy