Hello All,

 A version of the 2014 Commissiong Run detector with fieldmap has been released.

The detector is named:

 HPS-ECalCommissioning-v2-fieldmap

Because the field map is rather large, I chose not to bundle it with the detector-data distribution. Instead, you will need to manually install the file locally. I am working on converting this location to a URL so you can cache and access it transparently, but this hasn't happened yet.

 For those of you interested in studying the effect of the fieldmap on simulation you will need to create a directory called "fieldmap" below your working directory where you either run slic or your reconstruction. The file can be found online at:

http://www.lcsim.org/resources/hps/fieldmap/HPS_125acm2_3kg_unfolded_scaled_1.1.dat

The field map is the TOSCA simulation file 125acm2_3kg.table unfolded to all four quadrants and scaled by 3309/3003.  My understanding is that there are some remaining issues with the calculation of the fringe field.

I am also in the process of releasing an improved version of the detector (HPS-ECalCommissioning-v3-fieldmap)

so expect to see these changes in the near future.

Tracking has not yet been modified to make use of the field map, so for now, please restrict your reconstruction to the ECal.

I'll be documenting this on confluence, but wanted to get something out for this morning's meeting.

Let me know if you have any questions or encounter any difficulties.

Norman