Hello Maurik,

 I won't be able to attend this morning's meeting, but wanted to chime in on your proposal. I agree that we should always have a working version of the software running in the control room. I expect, however, that there will be some glitches and unexpected behavior in the data in the first few days of beam that might require more than "minor tweaks."   When did you want to make this release? We might want to define the "start of the run" as when we are recording and successfully reconstructing the data.

 In any case, developments on the trunk which are not directly related to fixing data-access issues should, however, not be introduced into the code base used in the control room.

Norman

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Maurik Holtrop <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Wednesday, February 25, 2015 8:45 AM
To: hps-software
Subject: Software Meeting, Thursday 9am/noon/6pm.

Dear HPS Software Group,

We will have our regular HPS Software meeting this Thursday, 9am Pacific, noon East Coast, 6pm Europe.

Quite a few collaborators are working hard installing the SVT this week and that clearly takes priority. If any of you who cannot attend want to provide input to the discussion, please email the group.

Agenda:

  1. Software development during the run      -- Maurik
    1. Proposal: we have a release just before the run and then create a branch for the software in the counting house. No major changes are made on this branch, only minor tweaks, so that we can guarantee that this branch contains working code. Development on the trunk continues as normal. At any point changes on the branch can be merged onto the trunk, with a final merge at the end of the run.
  2. Status update on Conditions DB             -- Jeremy
  3. Software Roundtable                               -- All
  4. Questions?                                               -- All

Please let me know if you would like to present something.

The connection will be with BlueJeans. Connection details at:
https://confluence.slac.stanford.edu/display/hpsg/Software+Meetings

Best,
Maurik