Hello Sebouh,
 Energy loss is not currently accounted for in the track fit.
Norman

From: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Sebouh Paul <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 11:09 AM
To: hps-software
Subject: reconstruction: does it account for multiple scattering/brehmstralung?

I have been looking at the resolution of the SVT for reconstructing the A' invariant mass for muon events, and I have a question about the reconstruction software's internal workings:  does it by default take into account energy loss and multiple scattering due to brehmstralung?  I assume if so, then it is calibrated under the assumption that the particle is an electron.  If this is the case, is there a way to either disable this feature or (better yet) have it make the assumption that the particle is a muon (so that I can get a more accurate measurement of the A' mass resolution)?

thanks