Yes, we call the central objectId-to-chunk index the secondary index.

K.T. idea is interesting because it would avoid to run the partitioner
on the Source tables.
We would only have to read Source table lines, get their objectId field,
query the secondary index to get their chunk w.r.t objectId, and then
send the lines to the chunk table/file.

Look thrifty.