Hi Doug,

I think the simplest way to go is to start by installing a single node qserv on each of the nodes.

You will need a frontend node and worker nodes.
The hardest part is getting the data loaded. If the data can physically fit on one node then you can load it there in a single node configuration and then manually migrate chunks to other nodes. Note that unpartitioned tables, for now, need to be replicated on all worker nodes.

Once the data is distributed, you can alert the xrootd/cmsd configuration files in the worker to point at your manager xrootd/cmsd in the usual way(easiest to run the manager on the same node as the frontend), and then on the frontend, configure the xrootd/cmsd as manager, disabling the qserv xrootd plugins for the manager.

That's the gist of it, but I've left out a lot of details. It's probably easier to try a single node configuration with a smaller data set to work out any schema or data problems before complicating things with multi nodes. Do you want to try that out and let us know about any issues first?

Good luck!
-Daniel

(typed on a small touch screen)