After some updates I made today to trunk, I recommend trying out the following configuration for trigger monitoring....

SteeringFile: /org/hps/steering/monitoring/TriggerDiagnosticsMonitoring.lcsim

LCSimEventBuilder: org.hps.evio.BasicPhysicsEventBuilder

The monitoring app now has a separate ET station for listening for physics sync events, which I confirmed to work on my local test environment.

We need to confirm this is working on the Hall B DAQ setup.

This should speed up event processing somewhat and remove the requirement to run a separate Driver for picking up trigger config changes while doing monitoring.

It also means the config changes should be picked up immediately and predictably.

You may have to hand modify TriggerDiagnosticsMonitoring.lcsim according to any DAQ parameters that are not being picked up automatically from config changes.

Note that this suggested event builder will only create basic physics events (ECAL and SVT data), so the new scalar and EPICS banks won't be available from within the monitoring runtime (for now) if you use it.

I may add this in the future though, and these new data banks are persisted to LCIO if you use the LCSimEngRunEventBuilder which is the default when processing EVIO files offline.

--Jeremy