Dear All,

   just to give you an update. The release is mostly ready. It seems that we have only four outstanding issues:

1) minor packaging issue with python on Fedora (easily fixable)
2) a race condition on open timeouts in the client (apparently obvious, but I did not have time to investigate)
3) one more addition to XrdCeph (by Sebastien)
4) limits on the async chunk size parameter in the server (needed by Castor on Ceph)

   I have managed to deal with almost all of the other outstanding stuff by yesterday evening but did not manage to properly test the whole thing. Since our repo is used directly by many sites and any problems will in many cases immediately affect production, I decided not to tag and push the release now because I won't be there to fix problems in case they arise (I am on a two week vacation starting now :).

Cheers,
   Lukasz