Yes. Seriously. We at JLab will hack stuff together, because we need it
now - we absolutely need a working recon pipeline before the end of the
run (and I would like to have had it last weekend, really), that's the
whole point of DQM.

But the hacks and scripts we use for this will never reach the point of
being a reproducible recon "pass" unless we can get the DB stuff and other
infrastructure we need. And I don't see why that work can't start now.
Just keep it out of the trunk.