Cool, thanks for tracking this down. It sounds like I need to make some
changes in the LHE-StdHep and EGS5-StdHep converters.

It looks like this logic is in
LcioPrimaryGenerator::generatePrimaryVertexFromMcpCollection()? I think I
understand from your description but it's easier for me if I can read the
actual code.