On Apr 16, 2015 5:04 PM, "Nathan Baltzell" <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Jeremy, do you have a two-factor password thingy and vncviewer?  If so,
maybe
> we can set it up to make it easy for you to diagnose "in person" instead
of via email?

I think this is a good idea.  I can set up a vnc session for you on one of
the clondaq computers that you can use to test.

> > There is a config event every 10k events, but all of them will not be
found in the data.  So you may have to wait a little while for the trigger
diagnostics to initialize.  This is a bit haphazard but we found in the
past that attempting to do this initialization asynchronously did not work
correctly.  If the trigger diagnostics do not initialize after awhile (not
sure…a minute or two?) then something else is probably going wrong.

[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> > Hi, Maurik.
> >
> > This is in reply to several emails you sent to me today about issues
with the monitoring app.

> > CC’ing to software list in case other are having similar problems….
> >
> >> For org/hps/steering/monitoring/EcalMonitoringFinal.lcsim no plots are
shown, no ECAL event display shows up. I am using the detector:
HPS-EngRun2015-Nominal-v0. The results for EcalMonitoring.lcsim are similar.

> > This isn’t something I was able to reproduce locally either with direct
streaming of an EVIO file or using an ET ring.  I can see the ECAL plots
fine.

> > Is it possible that LCSim is still initializing when the plots are not
showing?  How long are you waiting for the plots to show up?  Sometimes it
takes a little while to load all the conditions data before LCSim gets
setup.

> > If you look at the console, are there a bunch of messages scrolling by
about conditions system initialization?

> >> There does appear a mysterious white box, with a bar above it that
says “click on a plot region” but it doesn’t do anything.

> > This is the plot statistics that shows in the lower right hand panel.
If you click on a plot (when they are showing) then it will allow you to
see statistics for objects in that region like Histogram1D, etc.  But this
is entirely separate from the plots themselves which will show in the
window about it.

> >> Issues with settings file:
> >>
> >> SteeringType=RESOURCE    ## This seems to be ignored and default to
FILE.

> > Yes, this was some kind of bug where this setting wasn’t reflected in
the job settings.  It should be fixed in trunk now I think, and RESOURCE is
showing correctly now for me.

> > You also wrote….
> >
> >> Opening a file doesn’t work for me. I get a "Exception in thread
"AWT-EventQueue-0” java.lang.RuntimeException, followed by a “failed to
create ET connection”.

> > In order to use files, you go to File > Open and select an EVIO or LCIO
file.  Then it should be showing as the current record source in the combo
box at the top of the GUI window.

> > Then when you click on the connect button this file should be used for
the session.

> > In this case, I think somehow you have an ET system selected instead as
the event source.  Instead you would want to select the file source from
the drop down box.

will show as “ET@localhost” etc. which can be used to select the ET source.

> >> Also I get no trigger diagnostics on the window even when using the
TriggerDiagnosticsMonitoring.lcsim