I want to apply the Simple (Unix) Security on my xrootd installation:
https://twiki.grid.iu.edu/bin/view/Documentation/Release3/InstallXrootd#Security_Option_1_Adding_Simple

But the users created folders that is not their username.
For example: the user johnsmith created a folder /data/xrootdfs/testfolder and copied some files to that folder.

If I apply the security the user johnsmith will not have access to that folder or files.

Questions: can the user create a folder with his username (/data/xrootdfs/johnsmith) and move the folder testfolder to it and preserve the ownership?
He can just use the 'mv' command?
Or he must copy the folder and just delete the original one?

Thanks in advance
Marcel