CCing the list as this is coming up a lot.

> On May 7, 2015, at 3:04 PM, Valery Kubarovsky <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
> Hi Matt,
> Can you write in more details what is actually included in your MC simulation?

> I just don't understand what is beam and enhanced tridents.

At the generator level:

the beam is simulated using EGS5 which includes multiple and single scattering,small-angle brems, and mollers.  It does not include wide-angle bremstralung though.  We insert trident events (generated by MADGRAPH) at the rate given by the calculated cross-section.  The tridents generated for this have essentially no generator level cuts.

The enhanced tridents have generator-level cuts so that they are more likely to be in our acceptance and pass the trigger.  There are cuts on minimum angle (>10mrad for the positron and at least one of the electrons), minimum lepton energy etc.  I see as I look at the generator file that, for this sample, there was an e+e- energy sum cut at >0.88 GeV.  This is good for studying more radiative-like events, but we should probably generate events with this loosened as well as that’s not in the trigger.

>  Can I compare your eats with measured by HPS, that is exactly 12 kHz. I don't think that you simulate DAQ operation. So you don't have dead time in your estimation of the trigger rate.

I would definitely take the rate from the MC with a grain of salt…the 2.5% agreement right now is no doubt a coincidence.

There is deadtime in the simulation, but I have it set a bit high (32us) and I think we had the hold-off as 25 or 21.5.  Sho can comment more as he wrote the readout simulation.

> What kind of cuts do you apply?
> You know that MC and data have des relaunch in the energy deposition to the EC calorimeter. So you have to have different cuts then we are using in the trigger setup.

I didn’t scale the cuts at this point…just used them straight from what Kyle sent.