All,

We just finished XLDB-2015. We has a superb line up of speakers.
Both the conference and the workshop went *very* well. Slides
from the conference have been posted on the web
(http://www-conf.slac.stanford.edu/xldb2015/ProgramC.asp),
and the videos will be posted in ~1 month. Instead of writing
a long report from the workshop (for many months), we are
planning to post a short write up in the next few days.

Regarding the next event, I'd like to move much faster with
organizing it than we did in the past. Also, I will be engaging
the XLDB community more in organizing it. We are taking several
steps to realize that:

1. we created a google group for discussing things. This is an
    opt-in list, and we expect moderate traffic (definitely higher
    than on this list). If you would like to be engaged in XLDB
    activities including but not limited to organizing XLDB-2016,
    make sure you join the group ASAP. To subscribe, follow:
    https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/xldb-discuss
    For these who like email, once you sign up, you can use
    emails to interact with the list (to post, use:

2. We already identified a list of solid topics for the next event.
    We will be refining it through the group discussion over the
    next couple of weeks.

3. We are in the process of finalizing dates, location, and website.
    The next main conference will be in Silicon Valley (most likely
    at SLAC in our new auditorium) in May of 2016. If anyone can
    think of any issues with May 24-26, let me know in the next
    few days. I'd like to finalize dates no later than the end of May.

4. I appointed Jeremy Cole to be our PR person. He will be helping
    us spread the word about XLDB and reach out to communities that
    might want to get involved in XLDB.

Best regards,
Jacek