@illingwo

I see it would be better to use XrdSysCondVarHelper for m_stateCond in XrdFileCachePrefetc::InitiateClose() instead of directly calling Lock/UnLock on the m_statCond. Still I'm trying to understand how this deadlock happens. The m_started variable is set to true as soon as Prefetch::Run() thread is started and is never set to false except in constructor.

Can you send me an xrootd log file if you have it?

I could not reproduce the lock. Did you run xrdcp simultaneously from different clients? Were you killing xrdcp commands? Is it by any chance possible disk usage exceeded the limit and the files were purged in the meantime? Is the lock global for all files or for a specific file?

Thanks,
Alja