I'm planning to merge in the HPSJAVA-488 branch into trunk today or tomorrow.  I mentioned this in my talk at the collaboration meeting.

This is a rewrite/refactoring of the conditions API backend which is much better and easier to work with than the trunk version.

It also adds several new features including:

-Replacement of custom text parsing methods for importing data with Apache CSV library implementation

-Selecting collection data into a job via a collection ID only

-Full/generic implementation of create/read/update/delete db operations for conditions objects and collections

One side effect, which I've discussed in detail with several of the principles involved with sub-system conditions, is that we are going to change from whitespace-delimited text files for importing into the system to standard CSV (comma-separated) format.  This means that some external code that generates these text files will need to be modified slightly to be compatible with the new version.

On the branch, I have tested that all the conditions and integration tests pass and the command line interface works.  I'm also currently checking the reconstruction.  The branch is up-to-date with trunk as of yesterday, and I will merge into the branch one last time before reintegrating so that I don't clobber anyone's code on the trunk or generate conflicts.

If you want to test/preview this branch, it can be found here:

svn://svn.freehep.org/hps/java/branches/HPSJAVA-488

If there are any strong objections on the timing of this (e.g. you think it should not be merged soon) then please let me know and we'll discuss it.

Thanks.

--Jeremy