I now checked in detail in Posix/OucCache implementation. In case missing file cache permissions, file can only be served directly. I added here link to code details of XrdPosixXroord::Open() and XrdPosixFile::Open():
https://github.com/alja/xrootd/blob/master/src/XrdPosix/XrdPosixXrootd.cc#L458
https://github.com/alja/xrootd/blob/master/src/XrdPosix/XrdPosixFile.cc#L147

You can see open will be successful in posix layer regardless of cache attach return value.

In the file caching code I will make a fix, were I will make a clear log message about missing permission and let client to serve data directly from origin server.