AndyS,

Question about setting up dependencies for wmgr…

I start with my environment that contains qserv master branch, and db module from the stack.

Then I want to switch to qserv branch that has wmgr code ported to the new db API.
I expected that something like this would work:

setup -r db # the db that has my newly ported code
setup -r qserv -k

“scons -j9 && scons install" for both

restart all qserv services

but it does not. I am unable to start wmgr because of

  File "/usr/local/home/becla/stack/repos/qserv/lib/python/lsst/qserv/wmgr/dbMgr.py", line 48, in <module>
    from lsst.db.mysqlUtils import *
ImportError: No module named mysqlUtils

The only way to alleviate this problem is to go through qserv-configure.

I wonder if there is a way to avoid that….

J.