Ciao, I am trying to see if there is the need for a supervisor on one of our CMS EU redirs.
In the logs, I never really see anything like 'If you suspect this, check the manager’s log. It will contain warnings about orphaned data servers'

so I am not sure we have a problem, but still we a re very close to the 64 limit so better to be proactive.

What I want to do as step #1 is to run the supervisor as an additional daemon on the redirector (it is a test, I really want to see what happens first, and the machine is big so should not be an issue)

I looked at the documentation below, but I have to admit it is a bit obscure (to me).

So, I have a cmsd/xrootd (the eu redir) running on ports 1213/1094, and redirecting "up" if needed (to the global redirector).
Starting from their config, I just wanted to prepare a config for the supervisor.

The minimal one I am trying to guess from the documentation would be
===
xrd.port any
all.role supervisor
# The known managers
all.manager xrootd.ba.infn.it 1213

# Allow any path to be exported; this is further refined in the authfile.
all.export / r/w

# Hosts allowed to use this xrootd cluster
cms.allow host *
# Logging verbosity
xrootd.trace emsg login stall redirect
ofs.trace all -debug
xrd.trace all -debug
cms.trace all -debug

cms.fxhold 8h
xrd.sched maxt 16000
===

but again , this is a sort of guess .... Do you have an example of a standalone cfg file for a supervisor?

thanks

tom

http://xrootd.org/doc/dev42/cms_config.htm#_Toc405927050

--