On Sat, Sep 5, 2015 at 9:53 AM, Nathan Baltzell <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Hi Everyone,

The latest test finished yesterday (this one has full-field track extrapolation to ecal):
/work/hallb/hps/data/engrun2015/tpass2.3

​Just FYI, I checked the full field extrapolation yesterday using the 2.3 files, and there seems to be an issue.  I'm in the process of debugging it ...​

1.
Looks like some of the batch farm nodes don't have the links setup for the latest gcc,
which the dst-maker needs.  We hit this problem before pass1 too.  I submitted a CCPR.

2.
I noticed this error in every job's log files, but not clear which hps-java process generated
it, nor when during the process, nor if it matters.  Node memory limit is set to 4 GB (same
as pass1), I will raise that too and see if this error goes away:

        at sun.misc.FloatingDecimal.readJavaFormatString(FloatingDecimal.java:1248)
        at java.lang.Double.parseDouble(Double.java:540)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSetImpl.getDoubleInternal(ResultSetImpl.java:2517)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSetImpl.getDoubleInternal(ResultSetImpl.java:2489)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSetImpl.getDouble(ResultSetImpl.java:2450)
        at com.mysql.jdbc.ResultSetImpl.getObject(ResultSetImpl.java:4985)
        at org.hps.conditions.api.BaseConditionsObjectCollection.select(BaseConditionsObjectCollection.java:533)
        at org.hps.conditions.api.AbstractConditionsObjectConverter.getData(AbstractConditionsObjectConverter.java:126)
        at org.lcsim.conditions.CachedConditionsImplementation.getCachedData(CachedConditionsImplementation.java:20)
        at org.hps.conditions.svt.AbstractSvtConditionsConverter.getSvtGainCollection(AbstractSvtConditionsConverter.java:128)
        at org.hps.conditions.svt.AbstractSvtConditionsConverter.getData(AbstractSvtConditionsConverter.java:80)
        at org.hps.conditions.svt.SvtConditionsConverter.getData(SvtConditionsConverter.java:54)
        at org.hps.conditions.svt.SvtConditionsConverter.getData(SvtConditionsConverter.java:16)
        at org.lcsim.conditions.CachedConditionsImplementation.getCachedData(CachedConditionsImplementation.java:20)
        at org.hps.conditions.svt.SvtDetectorSetup.conditionsChanged(SvtDetectorSetup.java:82)
        at org.lcsim.conditions.ConditionsManagerImplementation.fireConditionsChanged(ConditionsManagerImplementation.java:122)
        at org.lcsim.conditions.ConditionsManagerImplementation.setConditionsReader(ConditionsManagerImplementation.java:69)
        at org.lcsim.conditions.ConditionsManagerImplementation.setDetector(ConditionsManagerImplementation.java:53)

3.
We have two steering files being run for data quality (same as pass1):
/org/hps/steering/production/DataQuality.lcsim
/org/hps/steering/production/DataQualityRecon.lcsim
Based on the outputs, looks like only one (the first one, I think) is producing
something useful that is being saved to disk (root files).  Is this expected?
Probably a question for Matt.

4.
I made new detectors for the latest ECal survey with the y-shifts for top and
bottom from Raphael.  I tested them with hps-java, and hits are shifted as
expected, but did not make the lcdd files due to some error about gdml.  Can
someone generate them?  HPS-EngRun2015-Nominal-v3*

5.
While testing, I noticed the latest trunk is now going to print EventMarkerDriver
on every event.  This makes an extra 100 GB in log files for the full pass.  But ok … :)

-Nathan