Andy

I am not sure I see the connection between assigning query
to a different czar and your comment "if we explode queries
into 1000's of pieces and then try to handle reassembly in
a single place"

I do like the idea of assigning query to a different char.
It'd help not only with balancing load between czars, but
also with things like gracefully taking down a czar.

Let's have this discussion on the qserv mailing list, there
are others that will surely be interested in this topic.

I'm happy to turn that into story/stories/epics. Let's wait
few more days to see where this email discussion (and qserv
hangout discussion?) will take us, then we can readjust the
plan wrt to czar failover.

Thanks
Jacek