Vaikunth,

FYI, when running large scale tests at IN2P3, I wrote this script:

https://github.com/lsst-dm/db_tests_summer15/blob/tickets/DM-3364/DM-3364/runQueries.py

and  found it very useful. I think it’ll be useful for xswap experiments. I can think of several improvements that would be very handy, for example, it could generate different queries on the fly rather than have a preset set of queries, it’d be good to parametrize predicates (depending on different things, e.g. how many chunk a query touches, how many rows it returns etc)

We should probably find a better home for this script (note it is data-specific). Hmm… maybe it’d be useful to split it into a generic part and data-specific plugin?

 Anyway, we can talk about it tomorrow, maybe at the meeting with the rest of the team?

J.