Thanks Lukasz for the confirmation. What I had more in mind was to update this line in the code:
https://github.com/xrootd/xrootd/blob/master/src/XrdCl/XrdClFileStateHandler.cc#L1448

Since I have all the proper path and upaque info in the ``url`` object which is passed as a parameter to the `ReOpenAtServer` method. The `pFileUrl` object which is currently used contains the inital path and opaque info. Therefore, the question would be, do you remember why you used:
`std::string path = u.GetPathWithParams();` rather than `std::string path = url.GetPathWithParams();`?

Indeed I can merge the opaque info from `pFileUrl` with the opaque info form `url` but I believe this is already done when I get the call for `ReOpenAtServer`. The `url` parameter contains all the relevant info. Also the way the `ReOpenAtServer` method is called seems to me to contain the necessary url info depending on the redirection type.

---
https://github.com/xrootd/xrootd/issues/287#issuecomment-141925553