I don't remember why I did not pass the params, but I cannot think of a good reason not to do so since any new CGI returned by the redirector will supersede the old one (on the per-variable basis). I guess it's more of a global architecture consideration. The CGI definitely should be kept when you retry at a disk server after being redirected, but you may want a "clean state" when retrying at the redirector. It's up to @abh3 to decide what he wants here :)