does anyone recall what's default value in xrootd for the caching file
status information?

I guess this is related to the cmsd process ... I'd like to know how
often refresh mechanism happens and if this is configurable value? Also,
how to force broadcast manually, does cmsd restart do it?

Yet another question: let's say the file exist only in certain location
and the sites' cmsd in the subscription chain horribly breaks, what
happens? I think, based on already cached information client is
redirected to that location but fails receive the file, correct?
Meantime cache refresh takes place and broadcasts information without
this file present, so next time there will be message to client "no
servers..." ... Then site admin restarts xrootd data server how long
does usually take everyone else in the federation know this file is
present and accessible again from the restart point? Are there any
subtle things in the process to be aware of (like push restart of cmsd
in the hierarchy above etc)?

Thanks,
Marian