Hi Jeremy,

I have noticed the same issue with some of the older steering files. It seems that when the software is updated, a new steering file is created for the new software, instead of updating the existing steering file. So instead of always running EngineeringRun2015FullRecon.lcsim, we have been creating new versions: *_pass1, *_pass2, etc. This does have the benefit that it is easier to later find which steering file was used for a pass, although it should be that you could get this as well by checking out the correct release.

I would suggest that we always have “EngineeringRun2015FullRecon.lsim” as the latest greatest (and working) steering file. So right now we could set it equal to "EngineeringRun2015FullRecon_Pass2.lsim”.  And similar for the best MC steering file. That way we should always know which was the “best” steering file to run at any one point in the SVN history, even in between releases. Going forward, we should have a steering file for each data set if that data set requires changes from the default, and those should be maintained to work with every release.

Cheers,
	Maurik